INVITATION!

You are more than welcome to join our Facebook group PET PEOPLE at
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=340106081693&ref=ts
We have a really fun, inspiring and informative time!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Judy's Thanksgiving Art Sharing!



Judy’s
Art of the Month Newsletter

November 2008 Vol. 4, Edition 42

"Dogs are like potato chips. You can't have just one"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

http://www.judysartadventures.com/

Be sure to check out my blog, where this will also be posted! http://judy-journeyinjoy.blogspot.com/

Thanks once again for your continued interest in my artistic gifts and passion for animals, travel and nature

(it’s a pleasure sharing photographs, drawings, egg carvings, urns and more)!

I recently finished these two drawings for one of my most enthusiastic friend/clients!

Monique has a heart for dogs bigger than I can describe, having taken in so many that the world has discarded. Her motto just might be similar to the quote above, having more than a handful living with her son, husband and herself!

She has special pet nicknames for each of them and when they pass on she always pays special tribute to them usually with a poem of her own.

Below you will see two of those precious souls.

Monique writes: Barnie (AKA: Bubba, Bubbalinski, Fat Feets and Smooshie) was our first and most precious boy in our world. He is the reason I found AZ Basset Hound Rescue (AZBHR) and the reason I have volunteered for shelters and AZBHR for 9 years now. He was spoiled rotten and knew it and had us very well trained from 12/13/1990 until his last breath on 7/10/2003. I still long to hear him howl and feel his velvety ears!

Baylie (AKA: Goose Chest, Pretty Girl and Baylor Butts) was our first foster with AZBHR and our first “Foster Failure”…..we failed Fostering 101 in about 5 minutes and adopted her in September 2000. She was “used” for breeding in Tucson for 5 years before she had a forever home with us. She was our Queen and our Alpha Girl and kept our pack of Bassets in line at all times. She has been sorely missed since 9/8/2008. She was a fighter, beating cancer for 13 months…..far surpassing all the Vets predictions……she was such a good girl!

I want to thank Judy, my dear friend, who keeps their memories soooo alive in their portraits and in their gorgeous urns. Her artwork is like a little miracle for my heart and I love you Judy. Thank you for always being my healer and helping me through my grief work in life with my losses. Your brilliant hands and eyes shine through in your work and keep my “kids” alive in me forever!

Especially at this time of year I am so grateful for everything the universe has given me. My family, my husband, my beautiful son and our four rescued Basset Hounds, but I am most grateful for having a job and a home and friends like Judy who are always there for me! Happy Thanksgiving. All My Love and More……..Monique (your biggest fan!).

Once again for a time you can also see their pictures on my website home page, too.

Please feel free to pass my blog and website info on to others like yourself who enjoy my creations.

As always, if you would like your Judith K. Nelson artwork spotlighted, please let me know and I will do a “special edition newsletter” just for you!

If you ever have any questions or might want to ‘brainstorm’, let me know.

Artist Extraordinaire

Judith K. Nelson, aka “Judy”

www.JudysArtAdventures.com

If would like to get a copy of this Newsletter emailed to you in the future,

please let me know so I can put you on the mailing list! Thanks!

Then if you change your email address, please let me know so I can keep you on my list!

No comments: