INVITATION!

You are more than welcome to join our Facebook group PET PEOPLE at
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=340106081693&ref=ts
We have a really fun, inspiring and informative time!

Monday, March 28, 2011

PetWise #9 Patrick's influence!


­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­PetWise 3/28/11 #9 Patrick’s influence!

So many times other pet lovers and I have been unable to deny that our pets have profound truths to teach us. Recently I’ve been wondering why Patrick’s plight has touched me so very deeply, to the point of feeling that I’ve almost ‘adopted him’ as my own. Perhaps this is a part of why I’ve felt no urge yet to find someone to fill the huge footprints my boy Black Jack left behind.

Today I happened to turn to one of the most FUN and most insightful books I’ve ever read, GUARDIANS OF BEING. With the light hearted cartoons of the gifted Patrick McDonnell, the words of renowned spiritual teacher, Eckhart Tolle the messages seem to take on a joyful life of their own.

The explanation for my strong affinity to Patrick just might lie in this statement from the book, “They have been with humans for thousands of years and now there is a link between dogs and humans much closer than it has ever been.”

I was also touched by a lesson already evident from Patrick voiced herein, “You just watch the tail…with some dogs you just look at them—just a little look is enough—and their tail goes ‘LIFE IS GOOD! LIFE IS GOOD!’ And they are not telling themselves a story of why life is good. It’s a direct realization.” REGARDLESS of what we humans may judge to have been Patrick’s tortuous life thus far, without these judgments he is simply being Who he is & loving life in each moment (like breakfast this morning)!

Oh, how I long to transcend the wild thoughts of my human brain to live more simply in this ‘joy of being’…the tail wagging part might be difficult—LOL!

Speaking to the hearts of CHILDREN seems to be one of the most essential tools I can think of for responding to the urgent need evident today for the transformation of consciousness and the creation of a more enlightened humanity to come. Patrick has written two children’s books that might be a wonderful way for us to help them understand our oneness and thereby become compassionate citizens.

This is the link to McDonnell’s website where you can sign up to get daily messages http://muttscomics.com/default.aspx

This is the link to checking out the book from which I’m quoting

http://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Being-Eckhart-Tolle/dp/1577316711/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301338080&sr=1-1#reader_1577316711

Here is one of his children’s books, his 6th picture book this one featuring his beloved Earl

http://www.amazon.com/Wag-Patrick-McDonnell/dp/B004HB1D4U/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301338080&sr=1-6#reader_B004HB1D4U

And another children’s book offered by Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Nothing-Special-Patrick-McDonnell/dp/0316054410/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301338080&sr=1-4#reader_0316054410

I strongly encourage you to check them out not only for yourself but for others in your life that you love and perhaps for future generations! I for one don’t want to miss any of the messages our pets so freely offer us…

No comments: