INVITATION!

You are more than welcome to join our Facebook group PET PEOPLE at
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=340106081693&ref=ts
We have a really fun, inspiring and informative time!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Week end with Mom!


8/29/09 Today Mom let me sleep until I stirred since I'd been up in the middle of the night for 'duty call'. She had already been for her walk. I got to see just how it feels to go on the 'hot walk'--I paced long enough that she knew I wanted to go. Since I must wear one of my snazzy Hawaiian shirts when I'm outside in the sunshine, Mom sprinkles it with water when it's too warm and it feels much cooler. Isn't that a brilliant idea?

Didn't feel like eating too much before nap time.

Here's a memory: living in a motorhome for several years. Even though it was a tiny space, we always seemed to have everything we needed--and Katie and I got along pretty well (guess her mental problems hadn't kicked in yet). I'll never forget the time the box with the food in it came open while Mom was driving and a head of cabbage rolled toward Katie--she ended up in Mom's lap! Mom even took us to Mexico a few times. And one of the most unforgettable times I had was staying in a Mexican boarding facility when Mom went on a train. I was so nervous I held everything for the entire few days she was gone. Well, I was so happy to see her that I let it all go as soon as I was in her arms again. Took a while to clean up that mess! I've often wondered if that's when my real fearfulness began...

I made a bigger mess of my dinner than usual today but Mom isn't pulling her hair our as much lately. It's so hard for me to pick up my 'cookies' out of a dish or off the floor that she turned a dish upside down to see if that would help. It did until I just kept dropping it on the floor. Needless to say I was exhausted by bedtime.

8/30/09 Didn't get walks, didn't do much of anything all day long. I just love it when Mom takes a whole day to do whatever she is moved to do--rather than rushing to get her "shoulds" done. It's a bit boring for me, but I can give a little, too. Looks like a good relaxing night coming up.

No comments: