INVITATION!

You are more than welcome to join our Facebook group PET PEOPLE at
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=340106081693&ref=ts
We have a really fun, inspiring and informative time!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday with Mom!

9/18/09 Oops! Mom overslept today. Seems she needed to get ready to go out again so we dogs didn't even get our walks! Therefore it was a fun day for her, but not so much going on here.
Sugar finally got a sniff in when we were outside together in the afternoon. I sure do appreciate that she isn't using her extreme energy around me. Sometimes I think she might be avoiding me a bit too much, but I guess she just can't figure out how much interest she should show. She's a perfect companion for me at this time in my life. I often wonder if I ever could have really played with her since she's about 4 times bigger than I am and has that tendency to 'hunt', chase and run--she's a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever after all.
This all makes me think of the walls that I understand humans talk about a lot. In my case this invisible brick wall is working well to keep my little world peaceful. On the other hand, my little world can get lonely since it keeps some of the joy of living out. It makes me sad sometimes that Sugar tunes me out and vice versa. So I guess the trick is to figure out how high or thick of a wall I need and want, which isn't an easy thing to do.

No comments: