INVITATION!

You are more than welcome to join our Facebook group PET PEOPLE at
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=340106081693&ref=ts
We have a really fun, inspiring and informative time!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day with Mom!


­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­9/7/09 Mom woke me way earlier than necessary since I'd been outside once during the night. She sometimes does that just for 'insurance' that I'll sleep later and without an accident. I believe she can sleep more soundly then, too. I had to get up early today because Mom went out with her friend again--no sweat I just waited. In fact I was able to hold things in until she got back, I'm so proud.

This holiday/'vacation' day felt different than other days...slow and lazy for me as Mom still bustled about doing whatever it is she keeps busy finding to do--not so much phone time, though. Great smell at dinnertime--popcorn? Katie & I used to catch kernels as Mom threw them to me, but guess it's not good for me anymore.

So the holiday was slow UNTIL we turned to come back in after last call! A tarantula was almost blocking the door. I really don't get why humans are startled, even frightened like they can be of another of God's creatures. Mom just seems to have a healthy respect for them, giving them a wide berth and never ever thinking of harming them. Still her heart was beating a bit faster when she got me inside. I remember once at bedtime like this, Katie Lou ran across one. Before I knew it she had jumped up and backward about 3 feet! It must have jumped at her and really scared her, too. Seems Katie is the one who usually (not always) had the adventures while I sat and chuckled.

Very peaceful night.

No comments: